Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Mom You Did What?????

Displaying 20150831_192731-1.jpg



So for years I said that I would never get a tattoo. 
Tattoos were dumb, what good were they, but then I never really had a reason to get one,  well this week (with Kiefer's help) I took the plunge and got one.

A got a tattoo not for myself but to show my love for Greg, my brother-in-law Marty and for so many other people that have affected my life in some way or another, whether those people are still here on earth or if they have gone on to heaven.

You see purple ribbons not only stand for Alzheimer's/Dementia, but they also stand for Loss (Grief), Pancreatic Cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Macular Degeneration, Migraines and oh so many more diseases and disorders, just Google it or look it up in Wikipedia. Those things listed are diseases or disorders that have affected many members of my or Greg's family.
This tattoo is a tangible way for me to always remember Greg, even when he no longer remembers me and to carry a part of him with me once he is gone.
Was I crazy to get a tattoo, maybe but it's done now and will cost way more to remove than it was to get it. Besides now you can always pick me out in a crowd.

 Displaying 20150831_192722.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment