Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Being Scared (written by Kiefer)



For the first time in a very long time, I can say I am scared. As many of you know I am the silent, tough type and in my family you hardly hear me speak
my true feelings about something. Even writing this, letting everyone know I am scared to lose my father is hard. Being scared it's a bad thing, it just letting you know you care about something so much you never want to lose it. And for me the thought of losing my father never came to mind until
I found out what was wrong with him. So now not only do I have to learn how to live with him slowly forgetting things. I also have to learn how to live with losing him.
My dad and I weren't very close growing up. I personally thought I would have more time to fix that. But now it feels like it will never change. Which is hard for me. Cause I was never really close to his side of the family, so he was the only way to see what  they were like. I want to ask him so many questions about his parents, cause I never know who they were. But now I feel like he may not
remember the little details about them that I so dearly want to know.
The moral of this, is that if you are scared to lose someone. Spend time with them before it is too late.
Make memories and hold on to them no matter what. Ask them the questions that are burning a whole in your head. Fix the things that cause fights. Make sure that your relationship with that person is everything you ever wanted it to be. 'Cause one day you may lose them, so do things before it's to late. Otherwise you will be sitting here like me wondering what you could have done differently in your life to make things easier.
But most importantly no matter what happens, make sure that the person you scared to lose knows you LOVE them.
That is the MOST important thing you can do. Tell them everyday, one day they may forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment