Saturday, June 16, 2018

Love Bears All Things


Image result for 1 corinthians 13 4-7

The Trumbull Life in a nutshell is hectic but blessed by God's grace and goodness. I know I haven't written in a while but I always have these thoughts running through my head and decided it was time to update everyone. 

#1  Greg is requiring more and more          care and help with things. He              needs help with showering,                  dressing and being reminded of            where things are.

#2  He is still independent of some things eating and the bathroom, although          he needs to be re-acquainted with where things are, especially if we are            somewhere besides home. 

#3  He is content to stay home, nap on the couch  and watch movies all day,            I've seen Secretariat so many times I can recite  it by heart.

#4  He will go to Kiefer or Nich and Bobbi's houses (yes Kiefer bought a house)        but he doesn't like be gone real long. He's become a home body.

#5  He still goes to Day Break (adult day care) every day while I continue to            work.

#6  The boys, Bobbi, Nikki (Kiefer's girlfriend) and Walter are a big help when I         need to go somewhere or do something.

#7  He sleeps all night, if fact he usually goes to bed between 8 and 9 and              sleeps until I wake him up.

#8  He does not know my name or the boy's names any more but will tell me          almost daily that he loves me. 

#9   He is the most quiet and gentle man you will ever meet. He rarely talks             due to the aphasia and we play lots of charades to try and figure out what         he wants/needs.

#10  One of these days he is going to turn into a bowl of tomato soup, as that            is what he wants to eat for every meal.  It's funny how his food tastes                have changed. He used to want pizza every meal.

#11 We get to see the family almost every weekend.

#12 He likes to go to church on  Sunday. He Loves to listen to Bobbi sing and           watch Nich play the guitar and if we're really lucky we'll get hear a drum           solo after church from Walter.

#13 Things are tough, especially on me, it breaks my heart to watch Greg                  become a shell of the man he once was but I know that God is here and            His plans are different than mine.

#14 Greg is on the waiting list at a few assisted living facilities here is Sioux            Falls. The wait can be quite long so the decision was made to but him on            the waiting list; if an opening does become available we can always                    decline and wait for the next opening. I, with the help of the boys                      decided it was better "safe than sorry" and to wind up needing Greg to be          placed immediately and then have to pick a facility that wasn't acceptable. 

#15  God's blessing through family, friends and coworkers are what keep me              going. For I know that I couldn't do this with out you!!

God's grace and plan is more than sufficient enough to help me continue to do what needs to be done and get me through the long days and sleepless nights. I'm am thankful that I can be Greg's caretaker, he has taught me so much about taking care of your spouse "for better, for worse, in sickness and health, until death due us part."

No comments:

Post a Comment