Thursday, November 5, 2015

Is It Worth IT?

So I write and rewrite these blogs wondering if any of them make sense and if  people are really interested in what I write or am I just wasting my time and effort. And then my to wise for his years 21 year old son Kiefer comes home and says that my blogs make sense to him and have helped him with his life.


Kiefer has gone through some major difficulties in his short 21 years, more than most 21 year olds. He's at the point  of not being sure what he wants to do with his life, but also so sure that he wants to do sound and lighting, like his older brother Nich. Kiefer has been on tour with bands and also worked for people who do sound and lighting and he has loved it. Especially the lightening side of the business. He has also had issues with friends and acquaintances as of late. 


If you have sons like mine when they talk you listen because they don't talk that often. Kiefer and I have had some of our greatest and deepest conservations via text message. And then occasionally Kiefer decides that we'll have a discussion in person. Which is exactly what he did after reading my last blog.


Per Kiefer, " No matter what happens in life, his dad will always he his dad and Kiefer will always be Kiefer". "It doesn't matter what people/acquaintances say or do, yes it hurts for a while and makes you mad, but you can't change them." "If you truly love someone, you'll always love them not matter if they are a part of your life or not, you need to be thankful for what and who you have in your life, for the time that you have it/them."


Since Kiefer and I had this deep discussion I have seen a change in him. He more calm and doesn't get upset as easily as he did, he's also willing to talk things out and not get angry right away. I saw these changes but really noticed them after he quit is job to move to Minneapolis and then at the last minute things fell through. Yes he was disappointed but he did not get angry and yell like I have seen him do in the past. He has stayed calm for the last three weeks while looking for a job and is more that excited to start his new job an Monday.


So is it worth it for me to write and rewrite these blogs. YES..... if I can make the difference in one person that it is so worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment